We have one committed parent and are still looking for other parents to join the yearbook team! Please contact Lauren if you are interested.
We need a yearbook coordinator for the 2018-2019 school year!
Dear Horizons Community,
Why a yearbook?
Historically, Horizons has produced an annual yearbook to document a year in the life of the community. We’ve found that it’s been highly valued by staff, students, and families alike. It has been a faculty job for years and due to changes in our programming and curriculum, it no longer fits as a student-led exploratory or as a faculty-coordinated job. At this point we are asking for a coordinator and a small group of parents to support this community building annual project.
What is the responsibility?
Interested in helping serve the entire K-8 community while also creating a piece of history? Do you like taking or organizing photos? Have an eye for design or a knack for journalism? Have none of the interests above, but still want to help out? Be the yearbook sponsor! This important job includes duties like:
- dreaming up the theme and design elements of the yearbook
- organizing photos and tagging faces with names to ensure equitable representation of every student in the yearbook
- attending school events or being in contact with those who do in order to get photos of all the exciting learning that happens at Horizons
- coordinating with the school photographer to get school portraits into the yearbook
- getting to know the students and learning opportunities that make Horizons unique
- review calendar and schedule parent photographers to capture fun moments at events
What’s the commitment and how much support will I receive?
The company we use to create and publish the yearbook is rife with support and resources–you’ll be set up for success!It’s a big job for just one person, but a small group of interested community members could easily accomplish this artifact of memories and story.
- 5-10 hours a week/15-20 month
- Review calendar, schedule photographers/ask parents
- Getting coverage
- One coordinator with a committee of reps from each grade level, access to calendars, coverage on field trips, in class special activities
- Weekly time available to staff set aside on Friday meetings for sharing photos with coordinator
- Meet with Katie for understanding of past practices, suggestions, etc
- Begin May 2017
- Summer training with yearbook company
- Be prepared for 2018-2019 school year
- Coordinate with front office for school photos