Did your child carpool this past month? (Remember, playdates where kids ride home together count!) Did your child walk, bike, bus or scoot to school, even .25 of a mile?
If you can answer “yes” for even ONE trip to or from school, your child qualifies for Trip Trackers! Trip Trackers is a great program at Horizons where kids are rewarded for each trip made with alternative transportation. They earn “Trip Tracker Dollars” redeemable at many businesses throughout Boulder County.
You have until this Friday, October 9 to register your trips for trip trackers for August/September. Don’t miss the fun!
Here’s how it works:
- Each month (GO TODAY!) click to this website: Trip Tracker website and log the NUMBER OF TRIPS your child has taken to AND FROM school in the past month where you used alternative transportation (INCLUDING CARPOOLS). You’ll also receive a reminder at the beginning of each month from Peter Hurst to go log your trips.
- On the right hand side of the page, register your child for the program if s/he isn’t already registered. Then each month, click on the second button from the top: “Report monthly data.”
- You will be prompted to input your child’s BVSD #. If you don’t know that number, ask your child, or email Hope or Marti Matsch (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the number.
- The site will walk you through all the possibilities of alternative transportation that count.
- That’s it! Your child will receive trip tracker dollars at school 2-3 weeks later!
What counts as a trip?
ANY trip, to or from school that was a bike, walk (.25 miles or more), bus, scoot, OR CARPOOL.
A carpool is any time your child was in a car, regardless of whose car it was, where there was at least one other child who is not a family member. Alternative transportation not an option? Walk in! Park your car just .25 miles away from the school and walk in together! We will be organizing “ Walk In Wednesdays” for groups to walk in together! Stay tuned.
Where can we spend TT dollars?
Trip tracker dollars are redeemable at many locations throughout Boulder County. Check the website to see which businesses participate.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! Thank you so much for helping Horizons be a school that cares about our community, our children, and our environment.