Council is this Thursday evening from 6:30-8:00 PM
WHO: Faculty, staff, ANY parents & ANY community members are invited to participate in this important part of our governance
WHAT: See the agenda below. We’ll hear from new members of the community who’d like to serve on the board, decide upon voting procedures for the board for May, approve next year’s calendar, learn about the needs-based analysis driving our new hires for next year, learn about funding changes being considered by BVSD’s Board of Education for all charter schools, and more.
WHERE: Our beautiful cafeteria 🙂
WHY: Horizons Council is a place for parent voice in governance, a place to connect, and be informed.
WHEN: Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:30 PM — Childcare, as always, is provided free of charge. Can’t stay until the end? Come for a portion
HOW: Willpower, baby. Commit to being present.
Hospitality provided by: ¾ &⅞ Julie Alhowik & Frank Bruno
Childcare provided by: Sophia Krauth
Facilitators: Frank Bruno and Lauren Tracey
6:30 Welcome and introductions
6:40 Council agreements, procedures, concordance
6:45 Open forum including new proposals and items for future discussion
6:55- Committee reports – DAC, Diversity, Finance Review
7:10 Looking ahead
- (10) 2018-19 Calendar approval
- (10) New staff positions for 2018-19
- (5) Bond and Innovation Bond update
- (15) Introduction of interested board members for 2018-20 and consideration of new process for board member election
- (5) End of year celebrations of learning & graduation
- (10) Update on Board of Education funding considerations for charter schools