Council Notes- Oct 15, 2020
- Council Notes- Oct 15, 2020
Council Minutes, 10/15/2
- Lucas explains the complexity of reopening plans and how concordance plays a role in that. It was a team effort
- Lucas shares Phase Three Table. Explains factors that helped drive K-8 plans for reopening.
- Shelly Miller gives an overview of recommendations to Horizons in terms of minimizing COVID transmission and maintaining healthy air quality. Transmission outside is very low. Reduce occupancy for older children.
- Lucas explains reasons for cohorting and reducing occupancy
- Parents ask questions which prompt team members how we are keeping students who are at home and making sure there is equity and equal opportunity
- Diversity, Equity, Belonging and Inclusion
- How students are incorporating this into our curriculum. Traci speaks about how ½ is doing this through an intentional curriculum. This year their theme is how we are always connected–Ubuntu. I am seeing you and I am seen.
- So You Want to Talk about Race Book Club, contact Erica Baruch
- WEAAC Online Anti-Bias Course Discussion on November 2 and with Vernon on November 17
- Projected deficit of $175,000 on Fund 11
- $45,000 fund raised for tents in council budget
- Board Meeting
- K-2 Reopening Plan
- ⅞ Reopening Plan
- Head of School Evaluation Process and Timeline
- Strategic Plan