5 mins: Background
- Council is School Accountability Committee
- We do an annual Unified Improvement Plan
- We need want your input for this plan
- Continuing from 2015-16, our 2016-17 Priorities currently include:
- K-8 focus on reading growth (vocabulary, comprehension, etc.)
- Curriculum alignment in all content areas and SEL (SDL and CC below)
- Instructional rounds
- Climate goal regarding desire for clear communication regarding academic progress of students
- Portfolios/Academic progress
7:05 Interactive work session to get parent input on priority areas in bold/italics above
World Cafe Rotations: Using Padlet there will be a table host and 5 groups will rotate. 5 minutes per round. QR CODE will be posted at each table for cell phone use.
- Overall strengths and growth opportunities at Horizons K-8 to help inform future work.
- Art, Music, Movement, Enrichment/Experiential monies…other ideas/feedback? (70K)
- Other opportunities for Self Directed Learning and Community Contribution.
- Academic progress communication. Ideas, More of? Less of? How often?
- Student led conferences: Ideas, needs, strengths, feedback
7:30 Last rotation: Table host shares all rounds thinking and task is to come up with two to three goals/priorities/action items.
7:55 All group: Share out of action items from each topic.
- 5 round tables
- 5 chromebooks as needed
- Table hosts will log into chromebooks and type padlet link into address line, as needed
- QR code sheets