Thursday, October 19, 2017
Child care is provided by: Sophia Krauth
Minutes: Teran Sittner
Facilitators: Frank Bruno and Lauren Tracey
6:40 Council agreements/procedures/concordance/minutes
6:50 How does council fit into our governance model?— council role & responsibility
- Review of Horizons K-8 Board/Job Descriptions/Bylaws
- Available on website under financial transparency
- Coming to the end of a 10-year charter with district
- Now only granting 5-year charters (renewing in 2019)
7:05 Plans for future communication; community survey
- Revisit Zoom for Council (Cory & Lauren are going to rock it!)
7:10 Open Forum: Please come to sign up with any items just before the meeting
Items for future discussion
- Sing Along Boulder: Sing along on Saturday on Pearl Street Mall
- Artastic Market – Dec. 8, 11-2; call for artists
- Is concordance the right decision making process for this (meaning our current) community?
- Proposal for the school to form a SPED committee; we will offer an information session for parents; looking for volunteer for SEAC
- Workshop on how to speak to children about race Nov. 5 led by Jess Ward of CityWow
7:25 Outdoor Ed at Horizons 2017-18: Slideshow and Teacher debrief
- We are fortunate to have a K-8 program, when many schools are considering discontinuing because of associated costs.
7:45 OE preparations & reflections – artifacts from our K-8th grade classrooms
7:55 Committee reports
- Development- Auction preparations for event @ E-Town Hall on 4/14/18
- District Advisory Council- Discussion regarding new possible mill levies.
- Diversity & Inclusion – Learning lunches in full swing for grades 5-8
- District Parent Council – Discussion regarding upcoming election & school board
- Finance Review Committee – waiting for Audit for Fiscal Year 2017 to conclude
- Green Team – New student team has been formed!
- Board report – Board 101 training upcoming; Principal Evaluation team; discussions regarding Bond monies
- Open Enrollment – Electronic meetings for Horizons’ policy review