While we are so very grateful for the level of involvement that each family commits to our school in regard to time and talent on an annual basis, our status as a charter does require that families also participate financially. There are many ways and levels of giving here at Horizons K-8 and we appreciate your support, very much.
The Horizons’ Moolah Fund campaign supports the school’s operating budget annually, helping to bridge the gap between what we receive in State funding, the costs we pay for services from BVSD, and the actual cost of our program. It is important to note that the amount we ask for annually his amount is in addition to the classroom and field trip fees that each family contributes each year. The kind of education we provide – small classes, rich choices that support student interest, individualized attention with a paraprofessional in almost every room is costly. Your support is vital in helping us to continue to offer an outstanding K-8 progressive education for 21st Century learners.
Gifts of any size make a difference! Help us to close the $375.00 per child gap. Your generosity helps us to attract and retain high-quality teachers and staff. We are happy to accommodate supporters that wish to spread their gift over several months or to pledge to provide a gift at a later date. Please contact Lucas Ketzer, Head of School (303-561-3605) if you need additional information. To donate, bring your check to the front office or mail it to 4545 Sioux Drive, Boulder, CO 80303 – or simply click the button below!
Spring Auction & Gala
Last year our school raised over $7,000 through grocery certificates.
This is the easiest fundraiser ever! We ALL buy groceries: Purchase grocery reloadable grocery cards or grocery certificates through Horizons and use them to pay for your groceries (think gift card). Horizons receives a percentage between 3%-25% of the amount you spend using these cards. Horizons gets the donation and it costs you nothing. $10K is half of what we could be making on an annual basis if all families participated in this simple program.
How to participate – Reloadable Cards:
- Get your grocery card by filling out the attached form or picking one up in the front office and turning it into the front office. Your King Soopers card will come preloaded with $2.50, Safeway and Lucky’s have $5.00.
- Go to the grocery store that matches your card.
- Approach the guest services desk or cashier and load any amount up to $500 using your credit card, check or cash.
- Shop till you drop.
- When your card is empty, repeat steps 2-4.
For as long as you use your grocery card from Horizons, we will receive donations from your grocery store.
How to participate – Grocery Certificates:
You pre-order cards for any or all months by filling out the attached form or picking one up in the front office and turning it into the front office. Pre-authorized payments are made by check or credit card. We do prefer checks so Horizons doesn’t have to pay processing fees. Simply postdate 9 checks (September – May) and attach them to your order form. Your credit card information is kept safe in a locked box in a locked safe. ***Minimum order is $50.00 per month.
Monthly grocery certificates will be available for pickup in the Horizons office on the 1st Friday of each month. You may cancel or change your order anytime by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you shop at Grand Rabbits? Mention Bunny Bucks for Horizons each time you shop! Teachers love Bunny Bucks. Each January we get several hundred dollars, which is divided by teams and spent on anything in the store. Each class then uses their portion to purchase quality building supplies, games and/or books.
Thanks to all the parents who mention Horizons when shopping at Grand Rabbits! Here is some information below:
- Bunny Bucks is a year-long program where customers can donate 5% of their pre-tax purchase to a school of their choice!
- At the end of each year the donation totals are added up and a gift certificate is generated for the school to come in and spend in the month of January
- Over 100 local schools participate and last year alone Grandrabbit’s donated over $25,000 to them from Bunny Bucks!
How to participate:
- Remember to tell the cashier you would like to give Bunny Bucks to Horizons K8 School whenever you shop at Grandrabbit’s! When you are at the check out all you have to do is tell the cashier you would like to give Bunny Bucks to your school – it’s as simple as that!
- Encourage friends and family to participate in the program as well. It has never been easier to give back to your school!
Most dry good products have a Boxtop for Education on the top of the box. Did you know that if you collect and bring these into Horizons, we can turn them in for a financial gain? Please bring in your Boxtops!
Longmont Dairy’s Milk Caps for Moolah
Every time we fill our Longmont Dairy Moola Box we earn $50.00 for our school! Bring in your caps and deposit them into the box located at the entrance to the Cafeteria and help earn money for our school.