It’s important that every student and adult feels connected to their school community and Horizons K-8 social/emotional learning (SEL) programs are essential in our daily practice. In addition to the SEL lessons embedded in each classroom, we offer group counseling and individual check-ins to support student wellbeing.
- Jeremy, our licensed professional counselor email@example.com
- Diana, our social worker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sherry, our school counselor 720.561.3268 or email@example.com
NEW: High School Transition Information – Earn college credit AND high school credit simultaneously? March 8, 2021 @6:30 p.m.
- Monday Mindfulness, Movement and Music with Fran 8:30 a.m.
- K-4 Lunch Bunch: Monday, 12:00-12:15 p.m.
- 5/6 ALLIES club is meeting 11:30 a.m. on Mondays
- 7/8 ALLIES club – Every Tuesday at 3:00 p.m.
- Small Group Sign-up CLICK HERE
Personal & Social Development
- CASEL The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning: a treasure trove of information on SEL and informs our practices at Horizons K-8 School.
- Equity, Diversity & Belonging monthly discussions about equity anti-racism resources and other topics that impact our community and our world.
Bullying Prevention & Safety Resources
- Horizons K-8 Bullying Prevention Policy and Guidelines
- Colorado Resource for Bullying prevention and intervention ~Colorado Department of Education
- Stop Bullying
- Digital Citizenship: Common Sense Media is a terrific source for navigating parenting in our digital age.
- Safe2Tell provides young people a way to report any threatening behaviors or activities endangering themselves or someone they know.
Grief and Loss Resources at The Dougy Center
The Trevor Project LGBTQ+ Youth Resources 1-866-488-7386
The Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860 *you are never alone!
Health, Safety & Wellness:
- 24 hour walk-in help for Crisis Services: 3180 Airport Road, Boulder, CO 80301
- Addictions & Detox Help 303-441-1281
- CHILD ABUSE HOTLINE 1-844-CO4KIDS. 1-844-264-5437
- BVSD Safety and Security website.
- Mental Health Partners Mental Health Toolkit
- Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255Grief Resources & Therapeutic Yoga Offerings What is Childhood Mental Health & How can we support? This resource from the CDC is full of great resources.
High School, College, Career & Academics
- Individual Career and Academic Planning ICAP – building goals with student is explored through advisor and adult interactions. The Individual Career and Academic Plan (or ICAP) is a multi-year process that intentionally guides students and families in the exploration of career, academic, and post-secondary opportunities. Check out the POWERPOINT PRESENTATION to learn more
- NEW: Giftedness~ a resource with information, presentations and more.
- Giftedness & Perfectionism
Parenting & Family Resources
- BVSD Food Share: CLICK HERE for locations & times and please reach out to Sherry if you could use some help with pick-up.
- Community Food Share & Emergency Family Assistance Association (EFAA) support families in emergencies.
- Click here to learn more about EFAA or how to donate food!
- SEL Resources for Parents – during home learning & SEL for Students K-1/2 & 3-8th grades
- BVSD Child Care Information
- Growth Mindset- what is it?
- Taking care of your mental health: a support resource from AFSP (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention)
- BAM: Body and Mind Discover topics about human growth, development, nutrition and wellness.
- Greater Good Parenting & Antiracism Resources – talking to my child about racism, UC Berkeley
- Do you have a student designated as “gifted and talented”? This can be a challenging time for all of us and especially our gifted learners. Check out this resource ~We are with you!
- Love and Logic Parenting
- Parenting Engagement Network (PEN): providing parenting events & workshops throughout the school year.