Horizons K-8 social/emotional learning (SEL) programs are essential to our daily practice. In addition to the SEL lessons embedded in each classroom, we offer group counseling and individual check-ins to support student wellbeing. Please call our confidential mailbox or reach out to our counseling team: 720.561.3268
Kim~school counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeremy~ LPC counselor email@example.com
Diana~social worker firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal & Social Development
CASEL The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning: information on SEL and informs our practices at Horizons K-8 School.
- Equity, Diversity & Belonging shares anti-racism resources and other topics that impact our community and our world.
Bullying Prevention & Safety Resources
- Horizons K-8 Bullying Prevention Policy and Guidelines
- Colorado Resource for Bullying prevention and intervention ~Colorado Department of Education
- Stop Bullying
- Digital Citizenship: Common Sense Media is a terrific source for navigating parenting in our digital age.
- Safe2Tell anonymously report any threatening behaviors or concerns
LGBTQ Resources – you are never alone!
The Trevor Project LGBTQ+ Youth Resources 1-866-488-7386
The Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860
Health, Safety & Wellness:
- 24 hour walk-in help for Crisis Services: 3180 Airport Road, Boulder, CO 80301
- Addictions & Detox Help 303-441-1281
- CHILD ABUSE HOTLINE 1-844-CO4KIDS. 1-844-264-5437
- BVSD Safety and Security website.
- Mental Health Partners Mental Health Toolkit
- Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255
- Grief and Loss – The Dougy Center
- Grief Resources & Therapeutic Yoga Offerings
- What is Childhood Mental Health & How can we support? This resource from the CDC is full of great resources.
- Taking care of your mental health: a support resource from AFSP (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention)
High School, College, Career & Academics
- Individual Career and Academic Planning ICAP – building goals with student is explored through advisor and adult interactions. The Individual Career and Academic Plan (or ICAP) is a multi-year process that intentionally guiding students. Contact your advisor for more ideas for exploring careers.
Parenting & Family Resources
- BVSD Food Share: CLICK HERE for locations & times and please reach out to Sherry if you could use some help with pick-up.
- Community Food Share & Emergency Family Assistance Association (EFAA) support families in emergencies.
- Click here to learn more about EFAA or how to donate food!
- NEW: Giftedness~ a resource with information, presentations and more.
- Giftedness & Perfectionism
- SEL Resources for Parents
- SEL for Students K-1/2 & 3-8th grades
- Growth Mindset- what is it?
- BAM: Body and Mind Discover topics about human growth, development, nutrition and wellness.
- Greater Good Parenting & Antiracism Resources – talking to my child about racism, UC Berkeley
- Love and Logic Parenting
- Parenting Engagement Network (PEN): providing parenting events & workshops throughout the school year.