22-23 School Year openings
All job applications will be accepted via the job portal at https://jobs.bvsd.org/
Horizons School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
This is a job share Counselor and Social-Emotional Learning Coordinator position (0.4 FTE, non-benefited) starting in the 2022-2023 school year.
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position.
- Support the administration, students, faculty, and parents in monitoring school-wide behavioral expectations and policies.
- Help develop school culture that supports positive student attributes, dispositions, and outcomes.
- Collaborate with K-8 teachers to design and implement integrated SEL curriculum and scope and sequence.
- Teach or co-teach SEL/Mindfulness to students in grades K-8.
- Provide leadership and professional development opportunities for SEL.
- Prepare and deliver parent education workshops twice annually.
- Attend weekly grade level team meetings and MTSS meetings for students as needed, and as discussed and agreed upon by you and fellow job share counselor.
- Participate in supervision duties and service learning opportunities including recess duty, electives, and evening events.
- Provide Health curriculum support.
- Collaborate with faculty to support service learning curriculum.
- Coordinate & manage caseload with social worker & part-time counselor and assist with risk assessment.
- Facilitate student support groups to teach specific skills.
- Facilitate academic, personal and social counseling.
- Familiar with the American School Counseling Associate standards.
- Currently hold a Colorado teaching license or have licensure application in process with a School Counselor endorsement (must upload license or in process documentation to application). Interim school counselor authorization will also be considered.
- Deep knowledge of child development and social-emotional learning (SEL) and Mindfulness curriculum.
- Knowledge of and practice with restorative justice.
- Demonstrated background and or interest in curriculum development.
- Ability to function well in self-directed activities, work collaboratively, and take initiative to complete tasks.
- Understand and skillfully use digital technologies in a Google environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in group facilitation, coordination, and leadership.
- Belief in teaching with the interests of the whole child in mind.
- Ability to collaborate with K-8 teachers, families, staff, other counselors and administrators.
- Ability to appreciate and leverage diverse & multiple perspectives.
- Commitment to cultivating core values of respect, responsibility & compassion.
- Counseling experience in a school environment and experience working with groups of students in a variety of grades.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field, such as counseling, education, or psychology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all school matters.
- Technologically literate, Google applications savvy and motivated to use technology to enhance learning.
- Previous experience with non-graded, experiential, project-based, integrated, interdisciplinary approaches.
Commensurate with experience and position on the Horizons K-8 Teacher Salary Schedule which can be found via the Horizons K-8 website (and prorated based on FTE). Up to five years of equitable experience will be granted.